4. Gun Control:
1. Automatic weapons and bump stocks must be outlawed.
2. Background checks must be expanded to include purchases made at gun shows and on the internet.
3. Background checks must prevent purchases by the mentally ill. In order to obtain a license, one should be required to undergo an in-person interview at a police station with someone trained in detecting mental health issues.
4. In order to obtain a license, an applicant must first pass a gun safety course.
5. Those with a record of domestic abuse or with restraining orders against them will not be allowed to purchase guns.
6. Armed police officers must be stationed at the doors of every school, all day, every day. (See “Education.”)
7. With the exception of hunting rifles, minors must not be allowed to purchase or carry guns.